Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Bestfriend's Wedding


my bestfriend's wedding...a marriage made in heaven...a dream come true!

When I was told to give light on how James and Rethse met, became friends, how such friendship bloomed into a productive relationship and finally ended in marriage, i pondered and asked myself, do I really know enough about their relationship? I know that what i can share is only based on what I think I know, see and observe in their flourishing love. But if there are legitimate people who have the authority to speak of their love; it will only be the two of them.

This wedding was just actually Rethse’s dream a few years back. She dreamt to have a simple wedding with special friends, closest family and relatives around and most especially, marry the man of her dreams.

It was October of 2007 when Rethse came home from Manila where she was working. We spent time together talking and as an older sister was giving her plethora of advice about the emotional baggage she was carrying that time. She was nursing a broken heart.. James was a good friend of my biological sister. I did not know James that time but I have heard from her that James was also fixing a broken heart. In short, both were healing and recovering from past unsuccessful relationship.. My sister suggested we introduce to each other. I told Rethse about this and jokingly, Rethse took the challenge and said, why not? So the blind date was set…they finally met. That was the start of their friendship but we have seen a different twinkle from both their eyes and special kind of feeling was floating in the air. We had bonding night with other friends and invited James to come over. He was somewhat shy but you could see his determination to win Rethse’s heart. Yet we also felt the suppression. Both were suppressing and keeping what they were feeling for each other.. I told James it was too early to think about courting Rethse so all he was supposed to do was enjoy the friendship. I told him, whatever his intentions are for Rethse; hope it will never hurt her. He can’t afford to hurt one very good, beautiful, sexy, intelligent, sweet and loving woman.

When Rethse returned to Manila for her work, their call and text communication went on and became more frequent than the time she was here. Two months after, their friendship was being tried and tested. I know Rethse was hurt. My sister and I overreacted to the issue and were angry at James for hurting her unintentionally. We blamed James in fact I was so angry when I texted him. I felt like an over protective mother to Rethse. But it was Rethse who stood by James’s and things were settled eventually.

On March 2008, Rethse came home and decided to stay here for good. 6 months after enjoying the friendship with James, they became steady. And on year after their first meeting, James proposed marriage to Rethse. So there, they were engaged. I was the first among her friends to know about this and was very happy for them to have finally sealed their love in marriage. Indeed, it is very important for any relationship to be grounded in friendship. As it is the springboard to any other beautiful relationship.

My husband and i are very glad to be part of their wedding. as cord sponsors, may the symbol of unity and strength be real in their life and I believe IT WILL BE as they make God their HEAD and PRIORITY in their relationship.

For the new couple, Mr. & Mrs. James Banaag, keep the important ingredients to a successful family life: help and understand and trust each other, nourish your love each day, maintain your friendship And above all let God the center of your relationship because he is the source of all familial blessings.

Take good care of each other, learn from each other and grow in each other’s love. We love you, and we are very happy to have become part of your life together and expect that we will always be there for you. God bless you richly and more power! Our Best wishes to both of you !

No comments: