Thursday, November 12, 2009

great unwind: fun and pleasure with family and friends


just came from my early morning 7:30 speech class at the nautical department. i am now back to my usual routine after a very wonderful semestral break. i spent quality time with family and friends. we went to beach with pop, kids and siblings. went out boating too...it was really an exhilarating experience, one that i will never forget in my life because i am sure i have made my family happy. i was very happy myself to have spent time with my loved ones which happens very occasionally especially since i went back to school and started teaching. i realized how important it is to give time to our family, make them part of our priorities. i am partly guilty of setting my family aside and became so glued to my work and studies. my very inquisitive boy one time asked me why i don't personally fetch him to school while most of his classmates' moms are there. no matter how much i tried to explain to him my reasons in a very logical way, somehow i felt a twinge of pain inside because i know my son longs for a mother figure who would personally attend to his needs. material things could never suffice the child's longing for a mother to guide him in school. whew, tough role it is...my girl can actually manage herself but i know that she still needs my guidance and time. so i always make it a point that i give her time for girl's talk. i was touched when she wrote in her diary that i am her best friend..true, she tells me everything from her likes, dislikes, disappointments and joy in school down to her petty crushes and those who have crushes on her;

i went to visit mama's grave to with siblings and the entire family on oct 31st. i thought that we need not wait for nov 1 or 2 to go there..we stayed there until midnight..packed lunch and ate there with bessies arnold and rethse...on november 1 they came to the house "morag mga kalag" kalit lang tungha then on nov 2, rethse invited us to come to her house..the rest of the "friendships" were there too...

last nov 7, was arnold's 25th birthday, we went to maramag at cynthia's place..she accommodated us in a lodging house near their glass shop...we went to malinao first, took a bath at the cold spring, went to elento's moonlight park then returned to maramag in teh afternoon..that night we did videoke bar hopping...we also went to waig resort the following day where we all had so much fun...hubby, earl and bb james did zipline, the rest took cable car ride, while i just simply crossed the hanging bridge with eyes closed and hubby holding me tight...SO SCARED!!!LOL...

now, i am in my cubicle thinking hard about so many things...my apprehensions, my desires, my dreams, my pains, gains, my everything...and i just realized , i may not be on top but so far, i have gone a long way and definitely, there's no turning back in my life...got to move on, live my life for my family and DREAM ON...

why am i saying all these? i am so tired kasi and i need to encourage myself that i actually have done something in my life, something worthwhile despite my failures and shortcomings...

2 comments:

prince sirad said...

Bonding with friends and family always comfort us from stress...

Too hooked with works makes us blind of the real score about our loved ones… sometime, we used to think that what we are doing is all for their benefits. But the fact is people around us, especially young minds, cannot absorb the logical reasons behind. We were perceived of being selfish… Many literatures had discussed about child delinquency and lack of time is one of the common causes mentioned. Good for you that in spite of your hectic sched, you still find some time to bond with your family.

Constant open communication is what you need to dispel your children’s distorted notion about your absence. So to speak with your friends.

(I miss the group...i should had been standing beside Arnold.lol)

xena said...

right prince...pero cge lang we had the camiguin escapade naman di ba..one experiecne we could not exchange for anything...that's where we met mang pidoy...miss you in the group too prince...