Monday, November 3, 2008

The value of friendship


It is such an excruciating experience to be rejected by somebody whom you consider a real friend. In a flick of a finger, what you most treasure in the present may vanish like haze in the future. It is so frustrating to think that no matter how genuine you are to a friend, you can never expect for a hundred percent ROA (return of affection, not return of investment). You try to be good, to be calm, to be understanding, to be cautious, to be who you really are…and sometimes, you suppress your own wants, your own needs, your own desires just for the sake of friendship and yet, you end up frustrated. Alone. deserted. It happened to me. Don’t ask me who. It just happened. Or maybe there wasn’t really friendship between us. But I was true and so sincere. But I just can’t understand why. I am not any mind reader to be able to decipher what’s going on inside the person’s hypothalamus (lol)…whatever. I am just an ordinary person. I am not Nostradamus. How will I know what’s this creepy-crawly thing inside the other person’s mind? At first, I had difficulty in dealing with it, but experience itself taught me how to handle this. I am not a passive person but I am trying to become one. It helps to be one actually.

Moral lesson? You can not just please everybody.
Another moral lesson? No good things last forever.
Best lesson? Nothing endures forever…
Lesson learned.

1 comment:

The Voice said...

I could tell your heart has a lot to share. You inspire me of your writings-two thumbs-up for you! May God stirs that talent in you more in each new day. Congratulations!
-very proud of you(veldig stolt av deg)!
I enjoy reading your blogs. Oi, take note, Friendship is God's way and true friends linger through tears & joys(sa hirap o ginhawa)as
the song goes "Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them . Kanta kana Ter..(LOL) luv u sis!!!