Wednesday, January 27, 2010

optimism in the midst of predicaments

When I woke up this morning, I felt light and bright…nothing compares to the beautiful feeling of being kissed by the sun when you go out. I am so enthralled to be under the spell of the sun. I felt so cold inside but the warmth that its brightness spills to my murky disposition gives me the energy to be productive, more than yesterday’s.

I have been waiting for so many things to come yesterday. A special person’s message, a call from a dear friend, a package I expected to arrive a month ago (LOL), an opportunity I hope I could not refuse, my sisters’ reply to my messages, result of our comprehensive exams, and etc but none of these did arrive. But I was still productive…I was able to feed all my students’ scores for midterm to my laptop so that after midterm exam I will be ready with their grades. I promised that this time, I will be totally different. On Prelim, I was being issued a memorandum for late submission. Well, that was because of my children’s health problems. Anyway, it pays to wait. I waited; have waited and will keep on waiting for things worth waiting for. Just like last night…

When you await the bliss of the moonlight spills on your head, you would fill the light sensation of the day no matter how dark it is outside; you would still see a glow of light somewhere.

With bated breath, i look forward for that light at the end of the tunnel as my best friend chaesa used to say..ah, uncertainties, indeed they are myriad and agonizing!

4 comments:

marvellous libantal said...

tone:optimistic,serious and brave
theme:optimism defeats difficulties in life.

all i understand, is, when we feel tiered of doing many things, we lose courage to do these but as what i read a poem before it says that we should not quit if tired just rest but dont quit.
life is just not so easy speacially when you are a teacher i know thse becase my aunties are teachers too. you have to face many challenges and difficulties.today, is another challenge and tomorrow will be not thesame.despite of uncertainties farness and hopeless of our desire and goal to reach and desired things to achieve, we should not still thinking of it to come without doing anything .everything will be happen even with predicaments if we still go on and on.everything will be happened if one should not give up abpruptly.out of this, ther will no outcomes if we are defeated with difficulties. we must be brave,bold and optimistic.for expectations, its nice to wait and we can do more things while waiting . (marvellous libantal)

lucille lapinid said...

Tone: Courageous, earnestness
Theme:
♥ Seeing through a positive attitude towards life.
♥There is a light after darkness.

For me it’s about a scenario were we often come across in our life. When Circumstances comes we feel bad about it, it feel stressful or even painful to us. But as what I have read and understand the story , it’s about a person who stands firm and continuing fighting the battle despite of all dilemmas that she is going through. Problems are everywhere and it’s normal whether you take it or leave it, it’s just a matter how we deal in our problems and how to get rid of it. Problems are part and package of life. But as they say, where there's a will there's a way. For every problem, there's an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. But along the way we know now the value of life, we became more equipped and make us strong. Perhaps the most realistic way to determine what we believe and deserve is to observe our life as it is right now. There are conditions, such as where we were born or grew up, over which we had little or no control. But as we grew, we chose our response to our situation-a response that reflected, and helped shape our sense of worth.

Anonymous said...

tone: positive, hopeful
theme: Positivity attracts good energy in life.

I think that even though we expect so much about life, we have plans and we think they will always come in what we think they should be sometimes blessings come in different packages and not what we expect to be. Life offers us a variety of challenges and it is us who chooses what challenge we face, we might not notice it but we make ourselves rich and poor by our decisions in life, simple decisions can make great changes in our lives. Like a simple waiting for something to arrive, it can change our life by taking away time, it may not come now or tomorrow but it will surely arrive the next day, they say when you least expect it to come that's when it arrives. (funny) I like the positivity the story shows because it inspires me so much to be patient, when I don't have that virtue. It inspires me to take things slowly one at a time. It also inspires me to be brave when surpassing difficulties in life, because bravery is something to be learned not just something to be born with. ( KAREN ORTEGA )

Anonymous said...

Tone: Positive attitude, mindful, and valiant
Theme: Hope gives us the strength to hold on a minute longer.

as to what I have understood regarding the article, It has something to do with the many surprises that life brings. That Whatever circumstances we may encounter in life, even we reach to the point of giving up we still hope that the best is yet to come as long as we keep holding on to our beliefs and always put in mind that God up there is watching over us. He see's our sufferings but wants us to hold on a minute longer and walk the extra mile. I believe that God has a better plan for us all, better than what we have for ourselves. I also believe that trials in life don't come to make us fall but for us to look for God and call, and that trials don't serve us key to hate but rather doors for greater faith. I believe in the quotation coming from a faithful leader that "However unworthy and weak we may be if we do all we can God will provide for us whatever we lack."

(Athena Kate I. Ramirez)