Thursday, April 30, 2009

aroma at aruma

I miss my family! This is my first time to be away from home this long and it’s not easy. I feel so incomplete. I feel like I am a cup of coffee with no sugar and cream. My kids, my sugar, sweeten my life everyday, and my husband, my cream, understands my imperfection. Without them by my side, life is tasteless and if ever there is, it is, so bitter. Being away from home gives me the feeling of nostalgia and the indescribable deep solitude. I really need solace! I know what I actually need in times like these.

When I am tired, or stressed out at work, or missing somebody so bad, coffee works best for me. So I thought of hanging out on a place where I could have a good whiff of coffee. Fortunately, our professor in our writing class suggested that we go to a coffee shop for a writing workshop. How I loved the idea! My heart leaped with joy because I have been dreaming of it. My imagination started to play as i was seeing pure dark cup of coffee giving satisfaction to my senses. Hmmm, there's moist chocolate cake, i couldn't say no to! blueberry cheese cake, so tempting and mouth-watering...and boy, the flourless cake, is a perfect ambrosia!Hey, am I smelling the aroma of brewed coffe, Mocca, Cafe Latte, cappuccino and frapuccino? What else will I get to see, smell and taste in that coffee lounge? I couldn’t wait any more...

They call it Aruma. The place is indeed superbly perfect for me and for anyone who is nostalgic. well, my colleague and i describe it as supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! It has a touch of serenity and coolness with its all-white paint. The wall frames are simple and give a youthful glow and spirit. The bulb lights are classy and the room itself has a social touch at the same time, very conducive to clients. The ambiance is perfect for someone like me who is so addicted to coffee and to internet browsing, which is also part of their services. The seats are arranged ideally both for young and old people who have the feel for comfort. The cozy room can accommodate about 30 - 40 people, I think so.

I seated myself along with other 3 colleagues to the farther right side of the coffee shop where I have a good view of the passers by and those who just come inside the shop. I don’t know what’s special about the place, but it is really very comforting. Perhaps, it was the aroma of coffee which is so tempting that makes me really love the place. the place reminds of the first date I had with my husband on our first wedding anniversary at corner cafe, back at Lim Ket Kai Cagayan de Oro. I ordered as usual, our favorite, my husband and mine, brewed coffee and blueberry cheesecake.

I took my first sip of my coffee, with my thoughts wondering back to where my loved ones are. Then I realized how bitter my coffee tastes.. Ah, I was so engrossed with the thoughts of my own home, and the pleasure that Aruma gives me, my home away from home, that I actually forgot to add sugar and cream to my coffee. This has brought me back to reality, coffee without sugar and cream, is really incomplete! Just like me without my family. I miss them so bad. One day more, and I will get to see them again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

even i deem coffee to be one of the bitter inventions of human taste buds, the way you link it with your longing for your love ones makes it sweeter than sugar itself.

happy mothers day mommy xena. :)

xena said...

thanks mel..i like your metaphor...hmmmm????

good day!

totomel said...

hahaha...nigawas ra na kalit nako. :)