Monday, October 20, 2008

Envious



Alone in my topsy-turvy cubicle so fazed
I face loads of work to keep me from breaking
While staring over the window met my gaze
Students passing by, giggling, cracking, teasing
Young and carefree, their spirit rejoice
Leaving all their worries behind
From classroom’s tasks and teacher’s voice
They’re out in the open to relax and unwind
I looked up and saw a funny creature
It’s positioned upside down holding strong
It looked down to me with such composure
And soon had jubilation with others in throng
I bent down a little and saw tiny insects in fleet
Marching through the borders of the floorboard
I studied them; were they with oodles yet cared to greet
Each other and off they go to hoard
I looked over my side in a quick glance
I noticed someone watching me closely by
I gave a second look and lost the stance
This uneasy feeling kept haunting me I wonder why
A twinge of pain perked inside
Heartrending and tenderly breaking me apart
My head spun like i was on a carousel ride
I wanted to be myself again,like from the start!

No comments: